I got this recipe from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody, a wonderful sweet-focused blog by a fellow northwest dweller. I made a couple changes, some intentional and some inadvertent 😛 The bars came out great, despite myself. Shaun thought they would be better chocolate chips, though. I’ll have to make some cookies with the leftover pumpkin, or experiment with a layered mini chocolate pumpkin pie, as we both thought that that sounded like a really tasty thing to try to make.
- I used and 8″x8″ pan instead of a 9″x9″ – so mine are thicker and should have been baked a bit longer. The center was a bit underdone, but still entirely cuttable and tasty 🙂
- I (unintentionally) halved the butter, only using ½ cup instead of 1 cup
- I added about ¼ tsp of freshly grated nutmeg
- I probably put in closer to 2 tsp of vanilla
- I omitted the pecans as I didn’t have any in the house at the time