I got this recipe from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody, a wonderful sweet-focused blog by a fellow northwest dweller. I made a couple changes, some intentional and some inadvertent The bars came out great, despite myself. Shaun thought they would be better chocolate chips, though. I’ll have to make some cookies with the leftover pumpkin, or experiment with a layered mini chocolate pumpkin pie, as we both thought that that sounded like a really tasty thing to try to make.
- I used and 8″x8″ pan instead of a 9″x9″ – so mine are thicker and should have been baked a bit longer. The center was a bit underdone, but still entirely cuttable and tasty
- I (unintentionally) halved the butter, only using ½ cup instead of 1 cup
- I added about ¼ tsp of freshly grated nutmeg
- I probably put in closer to 2 tsp of vanilla
- I omitted the pecans as I didn’t have any in the house at the time